Your Problem Is Obvious

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Orange Co, FL

My attempt at correcting the situation was unsuccessful. My position was that since my yard was not overgrown nor had any piles of junk/trash, I did not see the problem. (Local regulations specify that 18" maximum for grass). The response was that I should walk to the street, look to neighbors on left and right. If my property wasn't identical, I would be fined.

I really do not appreciate threats from anyone, let alone my Orange County employees.

My response was that if I wanted to live in a "Stepford" community, I could go to any of the multitude a short distance away. Or I could cut down the forest and replace with sod. I have nearly 50 trees on my lot (I lost 2 to hurricane Charley in 2004). Growing grass in relatively futile in my yard due to the tree canopy. I use ground cover (such as coreopsis -state wildflower) for ground cover and to combat invasives like wild grape and brazilian pepper. The rest is xeriscaped.

For any in doubt, I'll publish photos of the current condition shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home